10 Interesting Facts About Scandal! Actor Thabo Malema (Bohang). He is one of the most talented actors to ever grace our screens. Thabo Malema’s acting profile encompasses work in both local and international productions.
Malema has been on international productions like The No 1 Detective Agency co-starring alongside Grammy award singer Jill Scott, award-winning A Million Colours and White Lion. Locally he has acted on The River, His current role is that of police captain Bohang on E-TV’s Scandal!.
1. 35-year-old Thabo Malema was born in Mabopane.
2. He is an AFDA graduate with a BA degree in Live performances. He is currently furthering his communication and language degree at UNISA.
3. Without prior acting background, Malema’s impressive career in the industry commenced from the year 2006 to date.
4. The talented actor, is well known for his role on, Kalushi. The film revolves around the story of a young boy, Solomon Mahlangu, who joins the South African Liberation movement after being beaten by apartheid police officers
5. Malema played Young Gisani in the film White Lion that went ahead to win three Golden Horn horn SAFTA awards in 2010. In the same year, he traveled to Uganda and Niger and worked on the Airtel mobile company.
6. His role in Primeval Kill catapulted him to the top since it was his first Hollywood appearance. He played Jojo alongside Dominic Purcell of the Prison Break series.
7. Malema is currently making waves in his new role on Scandal! He plays the character of Bohang, who is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Bohang, will do anything to win back Seipati, the woman he used to abuse.
8. The versatile actor also has a passion for languages. Malema speaks six official SA languages as well as basic French and minimal Swahili. His voice work includes TV License ads for SABC.
9. Thabo has a farm in Brandbach, Mpumalanga, where he grows various crops, livestock, and poultry. The produce from the farm, he says, is sold to the community at a subsidized price to keep poverty at bay.
10. Malema started farming in 2007 even with no formal training. He drew inspiration from his father who was also a farmer.