- Students must be applying for admission to one of the public universities as a 1st year full-time student in a priority study (see below).
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the public universities or universities of technology after completing the National Senior Certificate.
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams.
- Must be South African citizens under 35
- Financial neediness – combined household income of less than R15 000 a month.
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas/townships
To provide financial support to youth in the form of scholarships to increase their chances of accessing quality higher education in their field of study
To increase chances of employability or entrepreneurship based on the positive correlation between level of education and employability
Empower the youth (under 35 years) with education to enable them to compete favorably in the labor market.
Contribute to the development of critical and scarce skills
Postal/email applications: 15 December 2017
Online applications: 16 January 2018
CLICK HERE for online application.
CLICK HERE to download application form for postal/email applications
You can apply with your Grade 11/ Grade 12 mid-year results but certified copy of matric certificate has to be received before the 16th January 2018, for both online and postal/email applications.