Application Deadline: July 28 2014
Canon Collins Trust invites applications for the Graça Machel scholarships for women, for postgraduate study in South Africa in 2015. Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of one year for Honours, two years for Masters and three years for PhD.
Continued funding will depend on satisfactory progress and academic reports. The scholarship covers full tuition fees, a stipend towards living costs, and a travel allowance.
Awards in 2014 were as follows:
- Tuition fees paid in full
- Stipend of ZAR52,000 for South Africans, and ZAR 60,000 for non-South Africans
- Travel allowance (for scholars coming to South Africa from other SADC countries only) of ZAR 7 000
To apply for a scholarship under this programme you must be:
- A national of and normally resident in one of the SADC countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Studying or applying to study at a South African university
- Full tuition,
- stipend and
- other support for Honours, masters and PhD study at South African universities.
How to apply
The application process is now open and will close at 3 pm BST on 28 July 2014 for study commencing in 2015. Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
To Apply click here