Investec, in partnership with Studietrust, offers partial bursaries to students who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a Commercial LLB. These degrees represent fields of relevance to the financial services and other key industries.
♦ Instructions for submission of application forms
º Applications will only be considered if completed in full and signed by the applicant and if all the supporting documents have been included.
º Documents that accompany the application form must be certified
· South African ID
· Grade 11 results
· This year’s June results (or your latest results if you are not studying this year)
· Official Matric/ NSC results if you have completed Grade 12
· Tertiary students: June results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written)
· Payslips for your parent(s)/ guardian if employed (or letter from employer and sworn statement or tax return statement stating income)
· Latest financial statements if your parent/ guardian is self-employed
· Sworn affidavits if your parent(s)/ guardian is/ are unemployed
· Death certificates if your parent(s) is/ are deceased
· Divorce certificate if your parents are divorced
· Sworn statement from one parent if your parents are separated
♦ Selection criteria for selected educational institutions
º The main criteria for the selection of applications are financial need and academic potential.
º Bursary applications are invited from young people who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate university (academic) degree in:
· Commerce (Economics, Business Economics, Accounting, Investments and Finance),
· BCom Informatics,
· BSc Computer Science,
· BSc Information Technology,
· BIT-Bachelors of Information Technology,
· BIS-Bachelor of Information Science,
· Business Science,
· Science and Mathematics, Engineering or Commercial LLB
» Students who apply for an Engineering degree may be considered for the Sasol Inzalo Foundation Bursary should they qualify.
» Only first year Actuarial Science students already at university will be considered.
º Academic selection criteria:
· Applicants currently in Grade 12 and applicants already in possession of a National Senior certificate should have obtained at least 50% in all
their subjects with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and 60% in English.
· NB: Please apply timeously for admission to the educational institution of your choice. Consult the websites of the universities for application deadlines.
º When completing the application form, please clearly specify the exact degree programme for which you need a bursary, the name of the educational institution where you plan to study and the year of study.
º Bursaries will only be offered to applicants who are currently in Grade 12 or in their first year of University.
º Changing your degree programme after submitting your application form may lead to a cancellation of the bursary, if granted.
º No bursaries are available for private tertiary institutions.
♦ Bursary amounts
The bursary amounts are reviewed and are subject to change every year. To give you an idea, in the 2014 academic year the amounts were as follows:
º Investec offered a partial bursary of R75,000 towards study related expenses.
º Successful candidates could apply through the Financial Aid Office of their university of choice or through Studietrust for a study loan from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to cover the shortfall (the maximum amount in 2014 was R60 000). Terms and conditions apply.
♦ Application procedure
Applicants could either complete the online application form or request a hardcopy application form to be sent by e-mail or surface mail.
º For applying online, please follow this link. Indicate in the relevant space that you are applying for an Investec bursary.
º For receiving an application form by e-mail, please request one in one of two ways:
· sms the word INVESTEC and your surname, initials and e-mail address to 31022. Standard rates apply.
· send an e-mail message (“Please send me an Investec bursary application form”) to email@example.com .
· download an application form from the Investec website.
· download an application form from the Studietrust website.
· apply online at our Online Application Feature (preferred method).
º For requesting a hardcopy application form to be sent to you by surface mail, you may select any of the following methods:
· sms the word INVESTEC and your surname, initials, postal address and postal code to 31022. Standard rates apply.
· send an e-mail message with your surname, initials, postal address and postal code to firstname.lastname@example.org .
· send a letter with your surname, initials, postal address and postal code to: The National Director, Studietrust, PO Box 29192, Melville, 2109.
♦ Closing dates:
º The closing date for requesting an application form is 15 September.
º The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 September. This deadline applies to all modes of application.
♦ Acknowledgement of receipt
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by sms not later than 21 December. Please contact Studietrust only if you have not had a response by 15 January 2015.
♦ Contact Studietrust if you need more information: