In 2016, the M-Net Magic in Motion Academy will again offer its interns training in production commissioning, concept creation, script writing, producing, directing, cinematography, sound, art direction, editing, post-production, studio and location shoots, and more.
Interns will also participate in several respected professional film and TV productions across a variety of programming genres such as soaps, dramas, comedies, live broadcast, magazine shows, feature films, commercials, investigative journalism, reality TV and more. Further, they are expected to have regular specialist sessions with top practitioners in the theatre, film and TV world.
Designed to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical implementation, the Academy is focussed on delivering highly-employable professionals into a rapidly growing industry.
So, if you think you (or someone you know), has what it takes to be part of the 2016 M-Net Magic in Motion Academy, pay close attention to the criteria and closing date.
Entry criteria this year is as follows:
- Applicants must be South African citizens who would have completed their qualification in 2014 or 2015.
- Applications are open to strictly EE (Employment Equity) qualifying candidates (African, Coloured and Indian).
- Applicants must hold a three-year qualification in drama, film, television or a related media field, from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Applicants must have graduated, or must be expecting to graduate, with at least an overall B-aggregate.
- Applicants must have had no previous permanent employment in the film and TV sector, with the exception of any work experience assignments necessary for the achievement of their qualification.
Would-be applicants must apply directly to M-Net before 11 December 2015 should they wish to participate in the 2016 Magic in Motion Academy.