Applications Open for The Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP). The National Arts Council of South Africa, is calling on artists, athletes and recreation professions to apply for the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme. The program aims to retain and create jobs in the arts, sports and culture sectors.
The Presidential Stimulus Programme aims to assist practitioners and their projects as well as companies that incurred losses (actual and planned/existing, new and those that were at concept stage) during the COVID-19 lockdown period.
Creative and cultural industries who are eligible to apply for the economic stimulus package include but are not limited to:
- Cultural practitioners, creatives and heritage workers producing new work in all disciplines.
- Community art workers who facilitate community involvement.
- Art educators working in the formal and informal education sectors.
- Researchers, art historians, librarians, archivists and ethnomusicologists who are working to document new and historical creative output.
- Arts administrators who are tasked with ensuring good governance and those working in sales, marketing and distribution in the industry.
How To Apply
Note: Applications for creative and cultural are divided into two sections, namely Stream 1 and Stream 2.
Find more about the two streams here.
View the original call here.
Closing Date: 20 November and 27 November respectively.