Human Resource Intern Wanted At Netcare. The Human Resources Intern is required to perform a full generalist human resources administration function which includes CSA, legislation, leave, payments of casual staff, filing, medical aid, employee well being and ensure accuracy of input to a centralized payroll function.
The incumbent is further required to meet tight deadlines, to be accurate, to follow policies and procedures and to interact with members of the staff, management, external companies/agencies associated with Netcare and members of the public.
Key Work Output And Accountabilities
- Personnel Administration
- Accurate and timely completion of all monthly input and necessary documentation.
- Monitor monthly input to ensure that all is in line with the HR CSA and Netcare policies and procedures.
- Follow up on probation forms for new starters who have been with the company for 3 months.
- Ensure that there are effective HR controls and systems in place and that these are maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Check all new and addition of dependant Medical Aid applications to ensure accurate completion and attachment of necessary documentation.
- Follow up that the applications have been received.
- Ensure that all new staff contracts are typed and forwarded to Line Managers and staff and that a copy of this is placed on the personnel file.
- Type all letters relating to changes of staff terms and conditions.
- Ensure that all staff have valid contracts on file.
- Assist the Change Manager with project related administration as and when required.
- Assist with HR projects when required to do so.
- Assist the HR Manager and team when required to do so.
Recruitment and Selection
- Draft and advertise vacancies as required.
- Prepare interview packs for line managers and ensure that these are available at all times.
- Type up letters of offer for successful candidates.
- Forward regret letters to all unsuccessful candidates.
- Keep a record of all adverts and regret letters.
Learning and Development
- Apply basic practical training/ adult learning techniques (instructional methods, demonstration, and presentation) to impart technical HR and Organizational induction information in a group-learning context.
- Printed copies of this document are uncontrolled and must be destroyed after use.
- Understand the fundamental difference between training and learning and apply this knowledge in less complex learning situations.
- Co-ordinate enhancements/ updates to HR learning materials and In-service training programs as needed.
- Collate and monitor training schedules (as required) in line clear L&D policy requirements.
Learn from others regardless of their position and educates self through study and analysis.
- A degree in Human Resources Management at NQF level 7. Must have graduated in 2016 or 2017.
- Not required
- Good knowledge of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act. Computer literacy in MS Office.
Non Managerial/ Specialist Skills
- Coaching Others*—>The capacity to recognize development areas in others and support them to facilitate personal development through coaching.
- Leading and Managing Change* —>The capacity to implement and support change initiatives and to provide leadership in times of uncertainty.
- Performance Development* —>The ability to evaluate and develop different levels of capacity within a team to achieve set objectives.
- Taking Action —>Capable of recognizing the need for action, considering possible risks and taking responsibility for results.
- Decision Making—> Capable of making decisions timeously and taking responsibility for the consequences.
- Managing Self —>Capacity to plan, organize and control own work environment by setting appropriate priorities and achieving set objectives within a given time frame.
- Customer Focus and Service Delivery —>The capacity to identify and respond to the needs of *internal and external customers. Internal and external customers include patients, doctors, colleagues, suppliers, visitors, vendors and any other person that requires a relationship
- Adapting and Responding to Change —>Capable of supporting and advocating change initiatives and managing own reaction to change.
- Continuous Improvement —> The capacity to improve systems and processes to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Personal Work Ethic—>. Capacity to instill an ethic of quality and consistency in self and others.
- Building Relationships —>Capacity to establish constructive and effective relationships.
- Communication —>The capacity to clearly present information, either written or verbal.
Teamwork Capacity to cooperate with others to work towards a common goal.
- Technical Knowledge —>The capacity to perform a technical function to required standards.
- Visioning —>The ability to provide direction in terms of action towards certain future outcomes.
- Empowering—> Creating conditions of willingness and participation amongst teams by providing sufficient, encouragement, information, resources and authority to make the necessary decisions to accomplish tasks.
- Energizing —>Having the capacity to motivate and mobilize, impart strength, vitality and enthusiasm to teams to actualize the organization’s vision of the future.
- Designing and aligning —>Ensuring the optimal alignment of employee behaviour with the organization’s vision and values.
- Rewarding and feedback —>Fostering a performance culture by creating a framework of appropriate incentives and rewards to direct and motivate the achievement of desired performance behaviours and goals.
- Team building —>Creating team players and team effectiveness by using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to instill a cooperative atmosphere conductive to building a cohesive team.
- Outside orientation —>Awareness of outside constituencies, emphasizing particularly the need to respond to the requirements of customers, suppliers, partners, shareholders and other interest groups, such as local communities affected by the organization.
- Global mindset —>Possessing a global frame of reference that enables one to scan the external world environment for different perspectives and to adopt successful practices. The capacity to inculcate a global mentality in others by instilling shared values and cross cultural sensitivity.
- Tenacity —>The capacity and courage to persevere with one’s purpose in a persistent and determined manner despite opposition or setbacks, until the desired objective is obtained or it becomes clear that the objective is no longer attainable. Inspiring others, through active example, to have the courage of their convictions.
- Emotional intelligence —>The capacity to foster trust and create an emotionally intelligent workforce whose members know themselves and know how to deal respectfully and understandingly with others. The ability to regulate and manage one’s emotions in a healthy and productive manner.
- Life balance —>Articulating and modelling the importance of the need for life balance for the
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to Fulufhelo.Ramolumisi@medicross.co.za
- Reference checks for internal applicants will be conducted with the current and past Netcare direct line managers of the applicant and the relevant Divisional HR Managers. Employees are therefore encouraged to discuss internal job applications with their direct line manager to ensure that the line manager is aware of the application.
- The terms and conditions of employment relating to the function which you have applied for will be based on those that exist in the Division within which you will be employed.
- In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual’s ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful). Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
- If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 6 months after which it will be destroyed in a secure manner. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.