Recruiter: iQ Logistica
Location: Durbanville, Western Cape
Salary: Salary Negotiable
Sector: Media, Digital & Creative Jobs
Job Type: Permanent
Date Added: 24 July 2014
AA/EE opportunity?: No
Benefits: Not Included
A multinational company in the interior décor and furniture retail industry is seeking the expertise of a Creative Interior Designer to join their dynamic team (Cape Town).
This role is responsible for determining the best ways to visually represent the retail and store identity. It’s very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level concepts for design projects in conjunction with National Visual Merchandising Manager and Directors. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. Additionally this role will be involved with the occasional presentations to clients, designing floor plans and settings and working with the relevant sales employees to produce professional presentations in order to assist sales orders.
• Collaborate with the National Visual Merchandising Manager, Directors and Production to create concept and storyboards for upcoming projects.
• Establish creative direction for the entire line of Store design, in-store design, new merchandising areas in-store, as well as internal and external design.
• Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
• Provide quality control over concepts and projects.
• Designing the “blue print” concept for the group’s retail outlets by designing floor plans/planning layouts of settings to maximise product visual appearance and enhance sales.
• Integration of new Furniture and Homeware – contact sheets of new and repeat homeware & related floor plans indicating their placement into relevant homeware shelving & display tables are prepared & sent out to stores.
• Planning to ensure optimal merchandising of homeware.
• On-going research and filtering of trends, building up a database of ideas and solutions that benefit the company’s brand and add value to the visual appeal and customer experience of the store
• Various visual presentations as requested, working on projects with retail employees for clients and potential business. This will include designing floor plans and settings, pulling together product and pricing data and working closely with the responsible sales person to ensure professional and accurate presentation material.
A diploma in Interior Design is pre-requisite as well as excellent technical knowledge of design software e.g. Autocad, SketchUp (or similar 3D software) as well as Photoshop. He or she will demonstrate a passion for interior décor & design; will be creative & passionate about the company’s brand, eager to use their skills to maximise the brand look and sales potential. A keen interest in keeping up to date with new developments in the design industry is essential. Comprehensive Microsoft office skills are required. This role will require a driver’s license.
He or she must be able to work independently, yet be a team player. They must be positive, energetic, a self-starter and have excellent problem solving and decision-making skills. Being able to work well under pressure and produce high quality work is pre-requisite.