10 Interesting Facts About Skeem Saam’s Sam Shale (Uncle Phomolo). He has been in the industry for years, but mostly behind the scenes. Sam Shale is now making a mark in front of the camera as an actor and presenter.
1. Sam Shale is originally from Botshabelo in the Free State, but now resides in Johannesburg.
2. He studied at Kgauho Secondary School, and went on to graduate with an Honours Degree in Drama at Wits University.
3. Shale always knew acting was engraved in his blood. His love for acting commenced in Botshabelo where he used to pay 10cents to watch his favourite shows.
4. He got a role on the popular youth drama Skeem Saam, where he plays the uncle to shrewd businessman Lehasa Maphosa played by Cedric Fourie.
5. Uncle Phomolo is growing with the show, and viewers are starting to notice that he is as conniving as his nephew Lehasa. There is a spoiler alert doing the rounds that he could be the father of Khwezi’s baby.
6. Like most actors out there, he draws inspiration from those who came before him. Shale was inspired by Wesley Snipes and Dr Kgotso Nkgatho to venture into acting.
7. The multi talented Shale also co-hosts reality show, Men Don’t Cry. The show addresses issues that trouble men such as being wrongfully accused of rape and being denied access to their children.
8. Apart from acting and presenting, he is also a businessman of note as well as the CEO and Executive Producer of Mokoshale Productions.
9. His work doesn’t go unnoticed, more especially in his community. Shale was amongst the 2021 Top 100 Influential Free Stators.
10. Shale is a happily married man, and together with his wife Mokopi Shale their are building their empire in the industry.