Online Business News Editor Wanted at Biz Community. Are you a sassy wordsmith with a nose for a good business story and at least five years’ experience in journalism or online publishing? Are you looking for a new space to explore and expand your already impressive portfolio of published works?
Does the thought of breaking news, interviews with fascinating people, and big events with interesting insights on which to report get you up in the morning? Are you comfortable managing your own time and working independently, but also play well with others?
Are you up for the challenge of helping grow an already burgeoning news portal? Do you live in Cape Town? If yes, then this is just the job for you.
- Have the aforementioned experience and drive
- Have a tertiary qualification in a related field
- With exposure to and/or an avid interest in the business of Marketing, Media and Advertising.
- Be comfortable wearing a few hats including subbing and uploading copy one minute, compiling interesting interviews the next, and writing some compelling stories another.
- Be able to shred promotional copy to within an inch of its life and still make it an interesting editorial story.
- Be able to spot a typo or fake news story.
- Be proactive
- Able to use social media as a communication platform.
Nice to Haves:
- Have some experience working with a digital content management system
- Have B2B media experience and a contact list bursting with names of marketing, advertising and media professionals.
- A flexible work environment
- An office vibe with some friendly faces.
- Plenty of awesome invites to epic events.
- Working with a kickass team who are like a second family.
How to Apply
- Send your CV
- A brief cover letter (200 words max) on why you should be picked.
- Three samples of your amazing writing.
- Salary expectations
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with #ONLINEEDITOR in the email subject line.
If you haven’t heard anything within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
All those who have made the grade will be required to write a test based on various aspects of the position.
Closing Date: 18th June 2022