Applications Open for the Gauteng Department of Health Social Work Grade 1
- Reference Number : refs/013685
- Directorate : SOCIAL WORK
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R261 456.00-R303 093.00
- Enquiries : Ms.M Choma Tel: 012 318 6887
- Grade 12
- Recognized four year Degree in Social Work. Registration with the SA Council for Service Professions (SACSSP) as a Social Worker and proof current registration.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge / experience regarding Health Care Social work SOPS and related legal and ethical practices, PFMA and Public Service Act and Regulations. Applicants must be able to function within multi-disciplinary team.
- Applicants must be willing to rotate between different wards in the hospital, relief other team members in their absence and do overtime including standby / on call.
- Good communication skills,
- Decision making skills,
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literacy.
- Provision of Social work services regarding care, support, intervention, protection and development of vulnerable individuals, groups, families and communities through relevant programs.
- To render designated outreach service as well as participate in hospital awareness programmes.
- Participate in community education work and projects when needed.
- You would be required to act as a link between the patient and relevant community resources.
- Function as member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Administrative accountability through keeping statistics and effective record keeping as prescribed, conduct clinical audit.
- Liaison and networking with community resource.
- Study, interpret and apply relevant legislation, policies and protocols.
- Engage in continuous professional development activities.
- You will be required to attend ward rounds, conduct home visit, assess home circumstances and provide feedback to the multidisciplinary team.
- Must demonstrate basic computer literacy as a support tool to enhance service delivery.
- Must demonstrate social work values and principles of human rights and social justice.
- Ensure regular in service training’s in the hospital.
- Participate in admissions, transfers and placements of various categories of patients at various alternative of care.
- APPLICATIONS: Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost.
- People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
- Applications must be filled on a new Z83 effective from 01 January 2021 form accompanied by a CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above; and copies of qualifications need not be certified when applying for the post , only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interviews following communication from HR.
- Applicants who do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications.
- Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified.
- Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Candidates will be subjected to security screening and vetting process.
- Applications received after closing date will not be accepted.
- The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment.
- Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department.
Applications must be submitted to: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X396, Pretoria, 0001. Hand Delivery at Kalafong Security Gate and sign in register book. PLEASE NOTE: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
Closing Date : 14-04-2022
|Do you have four year Degree in Social Work|
|Are you registered with SACSSP as a Social Worker|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.
Closing Date: 14-04-2022