Applications Open for the South African Reserve Bank Internship Programme 2023. The South African Reserve Bank is looking for productive and talented postgraduates to join its one year Graduate Development Programme in January 2023.
What the Programme is About
Exposure to departments in the SARB
- Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office from January to December 2023. During the year, they will be assigned to a department and exposed to various tasks and projects.
- During the Programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions at the SARB Academy. Interventions are mainly central banking specific and are aimed at producing well-rounded central bankers.
- In addition, personal and professional skills such as assertive communication, public speaking and presentations, creating powerful PowerPoint presentations, impactful reporting, teamwork, and personal excellence and etiquette also form part of the holistic programme.
After the first year
At the end of the year, some graduates will be permanently appointed into a department of the SARB. Those most likely to be appointed are graduates who:
- are interested in continuing their career at the SARB;
- have a desire to contribute to monetary policy, financial stability, currency management, supervising financial institutions, financial markets, or one of the SARB’s enabling functions;
- have demonstrated behaviors aligned to the SARB’s values of accountability, excellence, integrity, respect and trust, and open communication;
- can function independently and contribute actively and effectively in a team; and
- have performed exceptionally well in their assigned departments and academically.
You meet the requirements if you:
- Have completed a postgraduate degree.
- Have attained an average of over 65% in your final year;
- Have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policy making;
- Have a proven track record of academic excellence;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Are a South African citizen; and
- Are a curious and keen learner.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Thursday 31st of March 2022