Applications Open for the SABC Radio Digital Assistant Internships Programme 2022. Metro FM, 5FM, Radio 2000, Lesedi FM, Umhlobo Wenene FM, Motsweding FM, Ikwekwezi FM, Ligwalagwala FM, Ukhozi FM, Good Hope FM and Tru FM.
Main Purpose of Position
- The purpose of this job is to assist the Digital Product Specialist, Marketing Manager, and Programme Manager to, develop, manage, track, and optimize the radio station’s digital properties in a quest to grow the digital communities and deliver value to the SABC and its stakeholders.
- The role includes the coordination of radio station digital campaigns and projects by liaising with programming and marketing teams, in order to drive the efficient and effective use of all digital properties.
- Ensure that the stations Digital Media Strategy is implemented
- Collate detailed information for conducting research and bench marking exercises within the Radio Digital media environment so as to apply best practices.
- Support station management as well as Digital & OTT Manager in rolling out various digital projects and campaigns
- Compile campaign briefs in a clear, concise, comprehensible manner.
- Coordinate and oversee implementation of digital projects and campaigns as tasked to do so by the Digital Product Specialist or Marketing manager
- Coordinate and oversee implementation and monitoring of commercial campaigns.
- Perform administrative tasks to ensure the functionality of digital platforms and activities.
- Provide input into weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports by collating information from various digital media platforms and metrics
- Update and collate campaign specific reports.
- Monitor comments and posts daily on social media channels, engaging audiences through a wide range of social media activities and location-based marketing applications, primarily Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and own SABC platforms.
- Create sharable, compelling, visual contents blending video, photo, and effects to increase engagement and growth of online community.
- Promote station content on the station’s digital media platforms
- Assist in improving search engine efficiency.
- Monitor and report on operational risks and compliance.
- Utilize internal control measures to ensure credibility of information and reduce risks.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies, SLAs, and relevant legislation.
- Maintain good relationships with station producers and presenters with the intent to advise and leverage on their digital footprint.
- Liaise with internal and external teams for successful implementation of digital projects and campaigns.
- Capture videos, images and compelling content at both station and client events.
- Support the station management in building a conducive environment with positive energy, knowledge building and results-oriented culture.
- Diploma in Digital Marketing, Media studies or relevant discipline (NQF 6)
- Certificate or Diploma in Digital Marketing and/or Graphic Design would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in digital software, design software & digital marketing techniques and tools.
- Exposure to digital marketing campaigns.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently and in a team on projects and campaigns.
- Scenario planning, Creativity – ability to conceptualize campaigns and new concepts.
- Good understanding of digital reporting metrics and ability to use analytical tools to make informed decisions.
- Digital trends analysis.
- Strong research skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Proficiency in the Radio Station’s broadcast Language
How to Apply
Closing Date: Saturday 19th March 2022