Applications Open for the Dept of Education Unemployed Youth Assistant Positions at Public Schools. As part of the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme, the Department of Education is inviting unemployed youth to apply for assistant positions at Public and LSEN schools across all provinces. Apply for Assistant posts in Public and LSEN schools across South Africa.
- Education Assistant – Curriculum
- Education Assistant – ICT/eCadres
- Education Assistant – Reading Champions
- General School Assistant – Child & Youth Care Worker
- General School Assistant – Handyman (no matric required)
- General School Assistant – Sports & Enrichment Assistant (no matric required)
Duration: For 5 months from the beginning of November
Stipend: R3827 monthly stipend (less UIF of R38 per month)
What Are The Criteria?
- Must have Grade 12 / Matric
- 18 – 35 years of age (must not turn 36 before 31 March 2022)
- Live within walking distance from the school
- Must not be working, studying or training (even part-time)
- Must not be receiving a government grant (NSFAS, Funza Lushaka,)
- No criminal record
- Planning and organization.
- Good communication skills.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
NB. If the website (sayouth.mobi) is not working, Please be patient and keep trying. The system is severely overloaded as so many people are trying to apply. Remember you have until the 3rd of October 2021 and there is no difference if you apply early or late!
- Register on sayouth.mobi and apply for the school closest to where you live
- This is the only way to apply – you cannot apply to the schools directly
- When you have registered the opportunities at the schools closest to the address you have given will appear and you can apply.
- If no opportunities are showing up, You can search for “Education Assistant” or “General Assistant”
Applications Close at: Midnight on the 3rd of October 2021
Visit your local NYDA office, Labour Centre or Public Library
Should you still be unclear on what to do, call our TOLL-FREE support line on 0800 72 72 72, Mon- Fri, 9 AM to 4:30 PM and our Support Guides will assist you.