Here Are The Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown Regulations As Announced By The President. Monday evening (1 February), President Cyril Ramaphosa delivered the much anticipated national address, which is commonly referred to as the Family Meeting. Many were looking forward to what he will say, more so since the AstraZeneca Vaccine, landed in the country on the same day.
Another other thing that is evident is the recording of lowest daily infections increase in the past few weeks. On 01 February, the total number of new Covid-19 cases was 2 458. This shows that there hope we might beat the pandemic, and things will go back to normal. As expected, President Ramaphosa, announced that, the level 3 lockdown regulations will be eased.
- The hours of the curfew will now be from 23h00 – 04h00. Businesses such as restaurants will need to close by 22h00 to accommodate traveling for staff and customers;
- Faith-based gatherings will now be permitted, subject to health protocols. This includes a limit of 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors;
- Public places such as beaches and parks will be reopened, subject to health protocols;
- Alcohol sales are permitted, with off-sites sales permitted between Monday and Thursday between 10h00 and 18h00. On-site sales, at places such as restaurants, are permitted throughout the week between 10h00 and 22h00;
Regulations That Will Stay The Same
- Political, sports and other gatherings are still not permitted;
- Funerals may not be attended by more than 50 people;
- It remains compulsory for every South African to wear a mask in a public place.