Applications Open For The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship Programme 2020. The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is inviting highly qualified and promising individuals looking to get financial support to further their studies to send in their application and qualify to join its Scholarship Foundation each year.
The scholarship programme will cover the costs of the following school-related expenses:
- Registration and tuition fees set by the school
- Allowance for study materials
- Personal allowance
- Meals and accommodation
- Medical aid allowance]
- Conferencing and research grants (available only by request)
- For international scholars, airfare (economy) expenses to and from their home country at the beginning and end of the school year
- The scholarship pays the registration and tuition fees directly to the higher education institution
- Scholarship coverage is up to two (2) years, no exceptions
- Beneficiaries are obligated to attend leadership workshops for the duration of scholarship coverage
- The Foundation does not cover visa application fees where applicable
Those who wish to apply for the scholarship will need to meet these minimum eligibility criteria:
- Capable of demonstrating leadership, academic excellence, entrepreneurship and inspiring unity and reconciliation Must be a citizen of any country in Africa
- Must be between 19 and 29 years of age
- Already completed an undergraduate degree with a general point average of at least 70%
- Pursuing any non-MBA postgraduate degree (Masters or Honours) in any higher education institution in South Africa
- Undergraduate students set to complete their qualifications before 21 January 2022 are welcome to apply
How To Apply
Eligible candidates who wish to push through with the application will need to register an account on the MRE recruitment page. Click here to start the process.
Closing Date: 16 April 2020.