10 Things You Didn’t Know About Lawrence Maleka. Having started from Soweto TV back in the day to starring in one of the biggest dramas on TV, Lawrence Maleka has come a long way in this industry.
If you are aspiring to be in the entertainment industry, Lawrence is one of the personalities you can learn from. Check out 10 interesting facts about the actor and TV personality below.
- 29 year old Lawrence Maleka is the youngest of three children.
- Lawrence got his start as presenter of The Gadget Show on community TV station Soweto TV, in 2009. He hosted a number of other shows there, including Ziyamporomo and Street Radio.
- He is best known for hosting Mzansi Magic reality competition series Clash of the Choirs South Africa replacing Bonang Matheba.
- Lawrence was previously the co-host of the AfricaMagic Entertainment celebrity gossip show Star Gist, from 2012-2014.
- In May 2015 he replaced Fezile Makhanya as the presenter of the lottery game show Lotto Powerball, airing on e.tv on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- On the same year Lawrence bagged the recurring role of Don Webster on Mzansi Magic’s soapie iSibaya.
- In 2016 he made his debut as the new co-host of the e.tv youth and lifestyle music show Club 808, joining Boity Thulo.
- In 2017 he was the host of the SABC3 reality competition series The Final Cut.
- Currently Lawrence plays Zolani on The River, a role he says is very far from who he is in real life.
- He is more than just a television personality but also an entrepreneur with various business interests.