10 Things You Didn’t Know About Skeem Saam’s Kea Leburu (Bontle). There is more to the feisty waitress on the soap opera, Skeem Saam, than meets the eye. The character is played by talented actress Keamogetse Leburu.
Learn more about her from the 10 facts below;
- 24 year old Keamogetswe Trudy Leburu in Kagiso township west of Johannesburg.
- Kea was raised by her grandparents following the loss of both her parents, her father in 2004 and her mother a year later in 2005.
- In 2013, she was discovered by mentor Peter Se-Puma and landed a cameo role on the e.tv soapie Rhythm City, which marked her screen acting debut.
- While studying at the Market Theatre Laboratory she was a dancer for the award-winning pop group Mafikizolo, from 2013 to 2014.
- Kea was also an extra on the SABC1 soapie Generations and the Mzansi Magic soapie Zabalaza.
- She is best known for her role as Bontle on the SABC1 soap opera Skeem Saam.
- In 2017 Kea played the recurring role of Lily on the SABC2 telenovela Keeping Score, replacing Lecian Macpherson in the role.
- In 2018 she had a guest starring role in the season finale of the 1Magic drama series Unmarried.
- Her talents include dancing, acting and being an MC at events.
- Kea maintains a healthy lifestyle by playing netball.