8 Ways To Identify Someone Who Has Been Kidnapped. Everyday we get scary reports of children and women missing in South Africa. Sadly a lot of them are victims of human trafficking. They are abducted against their will to be used for things like sex trade and being drug mules.
It is the responsibility of the society at large to help the Police as well as families get their loved ones back. The following tips can help you do your part in recognizing that a certain individual is being held against their will.
- They have marks on their body (burns, bruises, cuts) that show they might be physically abused
- They’re afraid of speaking to anyone, especially authority figures
- They’re afraid to talk about where they live or don’t seem to know their surroundings very well
- They abuse some form of substance (drugs, alcohol)
- There is always someone near them and they seem afraid of that person. They might even appear to be in a relationship with the person. This could be their trafficker.
- They have a limited freedom of movement
- They don’t have any form of identification (ID or passport) or they say someone else has their ID/passport
- You see them getting in and out of different cars often