The multi-talented Yanga has been doing a great job positioning himself as an influencer in Mzansi’s Hip Hop scene. Yanga is not just an ordinary artist, he is a creative with many talents through his music, production and video direction. Since he was first introduced to the world on AKA‘s mega hit Run Jozi he’s continued to create and feature on hits. You’ve heard his hit single Mantshingilane , dope right?
Developing into a legend, there’s still more to come from Yanga and we can’t wait for all his future projects.
Here are 10 facts you probably didn’t know about Yanga. Check them out below…….
1. Yanga used to enter talent shows, was part of a drama club , he played a trumpet in the brass band.
2. He started rapping in primary school, grade 4,. “I always wrote songs that never came out, bu I kept my mind fresh”.
3. Yanga says he dreams big, “If my dreams don’t scare me, I try dream bigger”
4. Yanga is into honest girls. “I look for someone who is comfortable with who they are in a room full of models”
5. His top 5 SA Hip Hop artists are : 1. K.O, 2. AKA, 3. Khuli Chana, 4. Kwesta, 5. Kid X
6. Yanga lent his voice to DJ Vigilante’s Sorry Makhe and the iconic Run Jozi chorus.
7. He also directed the video for the AKA & K.O collaboration including AKA’s popular follow up single All Eyes On Me featuring Burna Boy, JR and Da L.E.S though his Young Legend Films upstart.
8. Yanga was also responsible for K.O‘s No Fear Freestyle
9. Yanga shot from obscurity to the limelight in a relatively short space while working on AKA’s Levels project.
10. He taught himself the production of music videos so he could help artists represent themselves the way they saw themselves.