In December Rolene made us all proud when she was crowned the world’s most beautiful winning the Miss World title. But this reigning Miss World is not just a pretty face, from her humble beginnings in a small town to the world stage she’s proving that all you need is hard work and passion for what you do. Here are some fun things you didn’t know about this beautiful Dr to be.
1. Rolene is originally from Mpumalanga
2. Her dad is a doctor and her mother is a nurse.
3. Before claiming the Miss S.A title, Rolene was a fourth year medical student at the University of Free State.
4. Her previous Miss S.A role model is Jo-Ann Strauss because she used the opportunity to change lives and also went back to finish her studies.
5. She would love to meet Dr Precious Moloi Motsepe because of her inspiring work she’s done to women.
6. Rolene is passionate about women’s health and giving other people opportunities the same way she’s been given opportunities.
7. In her spare time she enjoys watching Grey’s Anatomy.
8. She listens to the likes of Tim McGraw, Ben Howard and Brad Paisley.
9. Her mother’s oxtail with stamp-mielies is her favorite home cooked meal.
10. Rolene Strauss is the third South African to have won Miss World.