CSIR has Internship Opportunity for Students in the field of Architecture and Building Science.
Management Services – the services division of the CSIR – has a vacancy for an Internship.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating small projects, conducting feasibility studies by gathering information on project requirements and compiling schematic layout drawings of the scope of the work before submitting project costings for finalisation.
The incumbent will also be responsible for compiling payment certificates for contractors before invoices are submitted to the project manager for approval and payment.
- Assist with project management, contract management, site supervision, quality control and administration.
- Responsible for progress reporting on the project.Conduct site visits to check and confirm physical project status (where applicable) and ensure that the service provider’s invoice payments are in line with the project status.
- Coordinate project costs and expenditure and consolidate project payment records.
- Assess and control compliance with project management processes to ensure that all prerequisites recorded in the project management framework are met.
- Liaise with other project managers and coordinators to ensure integraton of their input.
- stakeholders and facilitate
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least a national technical diploma or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in architecture or Building Science.
- Must be willing to be guided by team and also to combine theory with practice.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic.
- Must become integrated into team that is results driven.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
How to apply
Closing date: 04 July 2014